1. Any CDC, local health department, CCAOM or other agency updates?
US 6,613,331 confirmed cases 41,464 new cases in 24 hours 269,769 in last 7 days, 196,227 deaths 1,224 new deaths in 24hours
TX 678,819 confirmed cases 3,518 new cases in 24 hours 14,590 deaths 112 new deaths in 24 hours Travis county 28,103 confirmed cases 395 deaths
-Gov. Greg Abbott said Thursday that he would allow businesses to expand pandemic limits on capacity in most of the state, citing a decline in coronavirus hospitalizations. The order allows businesses operating at 50% capacity to move to 75% starting Monday. That includes restaurants, retail, office buildings, manufacturing, gyms, libraries and museums. Bars remain closed under the order, although some have been able to reopen by selling more food than alcohol.
2.Updates on any action items:
-From our general safety meeting
For the Fall term, it was agreed students can be assigned to do the screening. Dr. Jing can work with Supervisors to determine a rotation schedule for volunteer student screeners. Screening process for the South Campus will remain unchanged, managed by Michael with assistance from Mary and Ralf. If there are students who would like to volunteer to help with screening South they will be welcomed.
- It is also suggested we look at establishing a grading system for Clinics. Dr. Jing, Dr. Garrison, and Dr. Hamilton will develop a rubric for the grading of Clinics to include, but not limited to, professionalism, ability to work as a team member, rapport with patients, diagnostic skill, point selection, point location, herbal formula development, etc. We can also use evaluations currently in existence to help create the rubric. The rubric can live on BrightSpace. It was agreed this will need more time to develop before implementing. It was agreed to use Fall term to develop this process and launch in the Winter Term. Allows time to plan and communicate the goal of strengthening clinical learning, experience, and excellence.
3. Communication for our AOMA community? Any new issues?
- We’ll be doing a virtual retirement celebration for Dr. Mandyam on September 30 at noon. Carlee Brignole will be getting out link and details soon.
-Clinical Supervisor Meeting to be held tomorrow (Saturday, Sept. 19) at noon. Dr. Jing sent the meeting invite. Supervisors, please see his email.
- For health and well- being reasons, Robert Laguna is stepping out of his role as Dean of Students and Sr. Director of Student Services. We are all pleases he will continue as faculty and will take up a role overseeing our community clinics, outreach, and helping to coordinate the implementation of the EMR. Timing for Robert’s transition is Oct/Nov.
4. Good news, positive experiences in last 24 hours
- Today is Airforce day, National Cheeseburger day, National HIV/AIDS and Aging Awareness Day, National Tradesman Day, National POW/MIA Recognition Day and National Hug your Boss Day (but wait until after COVID 😊)
-One of our AOMA alum, Jia Zeng, was nominated for the Cedar Park “Best of the Best”. She is a Physical Therapist and Acupuncturist. Please help her by voting at the following link:https://hillcountrynews.secondstreetapp.com/Hill-Country-News-Best-of-the-Best-2020- 2/gallery/?group=344827 You can vote every day until Oct. 9th!