1. Any CDC, local health department, CCAOM or other agency updates?
US 22,102,069 confirmed cases 248,578 new cases in 24 hours 371,084 deaths 3,432 new deaths in 24 hours
TX 1,716,824 confirmed cases 12,954 new cases in 24 hours 29,877 deaths 186 new deaths in 24 hours
Travis county 55,870 confirmed cases 581deaths
-Sunday, the Austin COVID-19 reached the hospitalization rate (15% of overall hospitalizations are COVID hospitalizations for 7 consecutive days) that automatically triggered additional restrictions under state guidelines. Under the new restrictions, businesses and retail establishments in the Austin area must reduced their operations to 50% occupancy. Hospitals must also stop elective surgeries.
-ICU capacity in the Austin area is now reduced to 16 beds available for non-COVID patients.
-Baylor, Scott & White has set up a temporary external morgue as a precautionary measure as COVID19 deaths rise in the area. There is no current need for this resource at this time, according to BS&W representatives, “this is a precautionary measure in these uncertain times”.
2.Updates on any action items:
- The snow was beautiful yesterday but because of risky road conditions this morning’s Clinics both N and S were cancelled. Clinics will be open this afternoon. Yesterday, Doctoral homeroom and associated patient appointments were cancelled. Thanks to Dr. Jing and Michael who retrieved patient contact information so patients could be contacted.
3. Communication for our AOMA community? Any new issues?
- We anticipate no road issues by 11am today so afternoon Clinics will continue.
4. Good news, positive experiences in last 24 hours
-We enjoyed some snow in Austin!
National Clean Off Your Desk Day – Second Monday in January