1. Any CDC, local health department, CCAOM or other agency updates?
US 7,787,548 confirmed cases 46,614 new cases in 24 hours 214,446 deaths 338 new deaths in 24 hours
TX 800,415 confirmed cases 5,209 new cases in 24 hours 16,622 deaths 64 new deaths in 24 hours Travis county 30,398 confirmed cases 433 deaths
-Travis county reports 100 new cases from over the weekend. Austin/Travis county remain in State 3 of APH risk based guidelines. At this level people are encouraged to avoid gatherings of more than 10 people, all should be masking and social distancing.
- Local health authorities are concerned that the leveling we were seeing has moved to slow increase like what we saw in the Spring
- One Austin American Statesman visual of the US showed many States in red indicating high increases in COVID, good news Texas was not red at this time
-Gov Abbott ordering limited ballot drop off site stands for now (for mail in voting). There were over 35,000 who cast ballots in Travis county on first day of voting
- Many Austin area teachers are resigning with school reopening, 96 resignations since August 1.
2.Updates on any action items:
No updates today
3. Communication for our AOMA community? Any new issues?
- On the AOMA Life website on the landing page there is a button that says VOTE. It will direct you to all the local polling locations.
4. Good news, positive experiences in last 24 hours
October 14, 2020 – NATIONAL DESSERT DAY – BE BALD AND BE FREE DAY – NATIONAL STOP BULLYINGDAY – NATIONAL BRING YOUR TEDDY BEAR TO WORK/SCHOOL DAY – NATIONAL EMERGENCY NURSE’SDAY – NATIONAL CURVES DAY – NATIONAL FOSSIL DAY – NATIONAL TAKE YOUR PARENTS TO LUNCHDAY