1. Any CDC, local health department, CCAOM or other agency updates?
US 7,436,278TOTAL confirmed cases, 39,548 New Cases in 24 hours 209,560 deaths, 361 new deaths in 24 hours
TX 773,435 confirmed cases, 3,872 new cases in 24 hours 16,111 deaths, 78 new deaths in 24 hours Travis county 29,857 confirmed cases 426 deaths
-Gov. Greg Abbott says Texans have continued to keep COVID-19 under control and he will be announcing more openings soon.
"The hospitalizations, number of new positive cases and positivity rate remain contained. Today [Oct. 5] was one of the lowest for fatalities in a long time," Abbott tweeted, adding a gif that implies his next announcement will include an update on bar operations.
-Health authorities caution that there is high risk in bars and restaurants because of the high incidence of masks off.
2.Updates on any action items:
3. Communication for our AOMA community? Any new issues?
Sharing Dr. Hamilton’s response to a student question/concern:
. 1. It is not mandatory to attend in person classes this fall - a student in a course with hands-on practicalportions will remain with an IP grade (In Progress) until at some time in the (unpredictable) future, practice can be made-up, and the instructor can be assured the student has gained the competency of the course and perform the hands-on portion well.
2. I believe faculty will agree to "just enough time will be needed to get the technique down" - or to demonstrate competency. How long that time is will vary from student to student.
3. I am in conversation with the instructors on this matter so we are all on the same page on this matter. The following statement is what I am hoping we can all agree upon.
"Students who have not had practice time, will need to be able to demonstrate competency of the various techniques to the instructor's satisfaction to get a final grade."
-Spectrum having outages this morning
-Friday Mary will be teaching an all day course at UT so will be slow to respond to any emails or texts.
4. Good news, positive experiences in last 24 hours
- Happy birthday to Chris and Mary Zaloga!!
- October 7 is
National Walk to School Day – First Wednesday in October
National Pumpkin Seed Day – First Wednesday in October
National Coffee with a Cop Day – First Wednesday in October