1. Any CDC, local health department, CCAOM or other agency updates?
-US 7,528,313 confirmed cases 53,051 new cases in 24 hours 211,132 deaths 900 new deaths in 24 hours
-TX 781,794 confirmed cases 3,786 new cases in 24 hours 16,334 deaths , 104 new deaths in 24 hours
- Travis county 29,997 confirmed cases 431 deaths
- A UT Austin Utilities and Energy Management team member has died due to COVID complications. The employee has not been on campus since mid-September and is believed to have contracted COVID- 19 off campus. The university’s contact tracing has not found any spread of COVID-19 within the UT community related to this case. But UT is remaining as vigilant as ever in the commitment to mask wearing, social distancing, proactive community testing and all other measures related to combatting this disease. UT says There can be no letup — until there is a vaccine, there is a commitment protect everyone’s particularly those most vulnerable.
-Gov. Greg Abbott further relaxed coronavirus restrictions Wednesday, allowing bars to open at 50% capacity starting next Wednesday — but only with approval from local officials. County judges in areas with low COVID-19 hospitalization rates can decide whether to allow bars and similar establishments within their jurisdiction to reopen, assuming they follow safety requirements that include a mask mandate for employees and customers.
-AISD is resuming football games, limiting capacity
2.Updates on any action items:
3. Communication for our AOMA community? Any new issues?
-Billy reports inconsistent face shield wearing in the student clinics.
-Lesley reminds us of 200% accountability and thus the need to bring it up to the person directly, or involve the on-ground supervisor if necessary.
-Robert suggests having students check each other in a buddy system and ensure accountability
4. Good news, positive experiences in last 24 hours
- Stephanee shared the good news that this weekend is the first weekend of the “Virtual Kerrville Folk Festival.” Tune in online if you’re a fan of the festival or of folk music in general!
October 9 is:
National Egg Day
Beer and Pizza Day
World Post Day