1. Any CDC, local health department, CCAOM or other agency updates?
US 14,823,129 confirmed cases 186,215 new cases in 24 hours 282,785 deaths 1,532 new deaths in 24 hours
TX 1,272,504 confirmed cases 15,103 new cases in 24 hours 22,808 deaths 181 new deaths in 24 hours Travis county 40,481 confirmed cases 477 deaths
- The positivity rate in Bexar County(San Antonio) spiked to 15.7%, up over 70% in the last week. The jump, along with other indicators, propelled the school risk level to "high," meaning that in-person education is not recommended by local health officials.
- As such, Metro Health issued a new directive advising against in-person education.
- ICU hospital beds in Austin and Travis County are nearing capacity as the number of cases continues to grow in the midst of the holiday season. According to the latest hospital capacity report that was released on Dec. 8, there are 483 ICU beds available in Austin-Travis County between Ascension Seton, Baylor Scott & White Health and St. David's HealthCare. Of those, 83% are occupied. In addition, there are 2,473 beds in total within all three health care systems, with 75% occupied, the report states.
2. Updates on any action items:
- After our Safety meeting with Austin Public Health we will be making some updates in our Safety
Policies. The committee will meet again on Thursday morning to finalize.
- We will be soon distributing the safety acknowledgement and commitment form. It will come via
dochub. Please read and sign when you receive.
3. Communication for our AOMA community? Any new issues?
4. Good news, positive experiences in last 24 hours
In’l Day of Veterinary Medicine
In’l Anti-Corruption Day