1. Any CDC, local health department, CCAOM or other agency updates?
US 27,882,557 confirmed cases 71,214 new cases in 24hours 496,112deaths 2,104new deaths in 24 hours
TX 2,245,634 confirmed cases 3,617 new cases in 24hours 41,343 deaths 130 new deaths in 24hours
Travis county 73,538 confirmed cases 819 deaths
It appears cases within 24 hours are leveling, especially for us in Travis county, which is good news
Related to COVID
-Many who had their 2nd vaccine dose scheduled last week have to get rescheduled as the weather prevented delivery of the 2nd vaccines
Related to weather
-Austin remains under boil water notice after water treatment plant regains power unless in what is called a central zone. Until we can confirm that AOMA is clear and boiling is not required we ask that we all bring our own drinking water.
-AISD is closed today for all classes including virtual
2.Updates on any action items:
- Power is back as is water in our clinics, stores, and classrooms. Holding off on water in Buildings C and D as we continue to assess water damage there.
-Clinics will occur today N and S today! Only the North AOMA Herbal Medicine store will be open today.
In the City of Austin there has been a partial lift of the boil water notice, but until we can confirm the areas of Austin where AOMA is located is included please bring your own drinking water.
Today water distribution continues from 9-5 or until supplies run out, limit 1 case/pickup.
More info: http://AustinTexas.gov/WeatherInfo
-The internet has been restored on campus and access to CAMS is available
3. Communication for our AOMA community? Any new issues?
- Please be patient with Finance, Financial Aid, Admissions and our Registrar as it will be sometime this week before they can effectively access IT systems like CAMS.
-Payroll should not be disrupted as we worked with HCTG on Friday to ensure access we need to Quickbooks to process payroll
-Please remember COVID precautions and safety measures remain in place!
4. Good news, positive experiences in last 24 hours
-Best news is the winter storms are behind us and we’ve enjoyed Sunshine and warm temps these last couple of days!
-So much thanks to Ralf, Michael, John Stahl and Jay Gammell who worked over the weekend to cap water pipes to ensure we could restore water to the clinics, stores and classrooms!