1. Any CDC, local health department, CCAOM or other agency updates?
US 26,160,210 confirmed cases 125,735 new cases in 24hours 441,831 deaths 1,876 new deaths in 24 hours
TX 2,106,729 confirmed cases 18,951 new cases in 24hours 36,870 deaths 331new deaths in 24hours Travis county 69,408 confirmed cases 737 deaths
- From NPR -The Biden administration has announced that it will begin shipping about 1 million COVID- 19 vaccine doses a week directly to thousands of pharmacies in an attempt to address equity concerns and speed up the country's crucial inoculation effort. The vaccines sent to pharmacies will be in addition to the millions of doses sent weekly to states, territories and tribes and that are sometimes administered at local pharmacies. Among the pharmacies to receive vaccines are Walgreens and CVS.
- New York Times -Moderna is asking U.S. regulators to allow it to increase the amount of coronavirus vaccine put into each vial by as much as 50 percent, arguing that it can speed vaccines to patients by clearing away a simple manufacturing bottleneck: Getting medicine into bottles.The Food and Drug Administration could decide within a few weeks how much more vaccine Moderna can put into its vials. Moderna says it can raise the number of doses per vial from 10 to as much as 15. The company has already been ramping up production of its vaccine, only to find a bottleneck in the bottling, capping and labeling process. With F.D.A. approval, more doses should start going into each bottle quickly.
- Public Health England is investigating cases of coronavirus with 'worrying' new genetic changes that have been found in some regions of the UK.
Tests show they have a mutation, called E484K, that is already seen in the South Africa variant.
Although this change may reduce vaccine effectiveness, the current ones in use should still work, say experts. There have been 11 cases in Bristol and a cluster of 32 cases in Liverpool.
Urgent testing for the South Africa variant is already starting in parts of England and could be rolled out to other areas seeing different variants with the same E484K mutation.
2.Updates on any action items:
3. Communication for our AOMA community? Any new issues?
- Tomorrow, Feb. 4 we launch our “worklife index” survey. All employees will see an email from AOMA BossRocket. Please take the 2-3 minutes to complete this important survey. The survey will help us understand how we can improve the work environment at AOMA.
- Patti Murray sent an email to everyone last night sharing how you can access you W-2, if you haven’t already. Contact Patti at email@example.com if you have any trouble accessing your W-2.
4. Good news, positive experiences in last 24 hours
For those that know the wonderful Zhenni Jin, her H1b was granted, and her NIE (National Interest Exceptions)also got approved to come back to the US in 30 days with a direct flight. She is very excited as are we!
February 3 is
National Girls and Women in Sports Day – Changes