1. Any CDC, local health department, CCAOM or other agency updates?
US 26,398,337 confirmed cases 121,212 new cases in 24hours 449,020deaths 3,756 new deaths in 24 hours
TX 2,132,595 confirmed cases 11,999 new cases in 24hours 37,727deaths 439 new deaths in 24hours
Travis county 70,631confirmed cases 757 deaths
- As of yesterday it was reported that more Americans have now been vaccinated against COVID than have been infected. More than 27 million Americans have been vaccinated, that exceeds the 26 plus million that have tested positive for the virus.
-First case of the UK virus variant has been confirmed in Austin/Travis county. APH says the COVID-19 variants have been likely in Austin-Travis County for weeks. At this time, extended lab testing is required to determine the variant strains under the coronavirus.
-January was the deadliest month of pandemic in Texas. There were 439 new deaths reported statewide on Thursday, bringing the death toll to 37,727. January passed December to become the deadliest month of the pandemic in Texas. There are 10,523 COVID-19 patients in Texas hospitals, down 15% from a week ago and down 21% from a month ago. The state's positivity rate average is at 13.37%.
- In an attempt to cut back people's time searching for an open appointment slot to get a COVID-19 vaccination every day, Austin Public Health will now only post appointment slots on their online portal on Tuesdays and Thursdays starting this week. "If things change and we get more vaccines, then of course we will release more appointments," APH Director, Hayden-Howard said.
APH will not announce when they release appointment times, so people eligible to receive the vaccine, groups 1A and 1B, will have to continue to check throughout the day on those days. City and county leaders understand people still have a lot of questions and confusion. That is why they also approved a new call center to answer COVID-19 vaccine questions. The elderly, or anyone who does not have internet, could also use this line to get assistance signing up for an appointment.
-Austin Public Health is currently focusing on providing the vaccine for vulnerable populations and communities. If you can get a vaccine through your healthcare provider, a pharmacy, or another provider they are asking to please help them save the currently limited allocation for our most vulnerable.
2.Updates on any action items:
3. Communication for our AOMA community? Any new issues?
- Just another reminder that you should have received the BossRocket Worklife Survey index yesterday. Please take a couple of minutes to complete. Your input is truly desired and appreciated.
4. Good news, positive experiences in last 24 hours
National Wear Red Day – First Friday in February
Bubble Gum Day – First Friday in February