1. Any CDC, local health department, CCAOM or other agency updates?
US 3,952,273 confirmed cases 142,755 deaths
TX 361,125 confirmed cases 4,521 deaths Travis county 18.696 confirmed cases 222 deaths
- Good news, there appears to be a continued slight downward trend in confirmed cases in Austin according to Dr. Escott(Interim Medical Director for Austin Public Health) but still watchful of hospitalizations that could overwhelm the healthcare system
-Texas as a whole still not looking good as we continue to have some record days for the State, big up ticks in San Antonio, Dallas and Houston.
-90 babies have tested positive for COVID in Travis County
2.Updates on any action items:
- We have a new process for screening staff and faculty through bldg. D. Enter on N. side of building (Western Trails side), use code to enter, self-screen, put on a wrist band and then exit through building D into the courtyard. Please use wipes provided to clean pens and thermometer.
3. Communication for our AOMA community? Any new issues?
- Reminder to students that refrigerator in B building is intended for things like medications requiring refrigeration. We encourage students to bring food that does not require refrigeration or microwave.
Consider leaving a cooler in your car to store food.
-Both Mary and Diane out next week. Stephanee will host the Daily Briefing. It will not be the formal meeting as Mary and Diane take and post minutes but will offer the opportunity to keep each other updated and share any key communication. Diane will host the Townhall meeting on Tuesday afternoon.
- Appointments for Student Clinics at this time are slow, more N. than S. but the slow volumes will allow students to better ease into Clinic
-Disinfecting wipe update. We have a large shipment coming that was ordered a couple of weeks ago and should arrive today or early next week. We have also ordered more that won’t arrive until August.
We will continue to order as they are available, stock everywhere is very low. If anyone finds them when they are shopping please purchase, keep receipt and we will reimburse you. We pulled all containers from locations on campus where there is low or no use and re-distributed to our Clinics.
4. Good news, positive experiences in last 24 hours
-Kudos to Dr. Luo for handling the Zoom Supervision he made sure the Zoom Clinics were getting as much exposure to the cases as possible. He is setting up a great best practice for Zoom Clinics!!
-Kudos also to Dr. Luo and Dr. Song’s interview with Austin Fit Magazine. They did a wonderful job explaining the benefits of Acupuncture and Herbs for building the immune system for infections like COVID and how these can benefit athletes.
Here is the link for viewing:https://youtu.be/3aoqC2D8rHI
- Today is Amelia Earhart, Cousin, Drive thru, Tequila, Tell a joke, thermal engineer and pioneer day!