1. Any CDC, local health department, CCAOM or other agency updates?
US 5,340,232 confirmed cases 54,686 New Cases in 24 hours 168,696 deaths 1,150 New Deaths in 24 hours
TX 535,042 confirmed cases 6,204 in 24 hours 9,983 deaths 143 new deaths in 24 hours
Travis county 24,008 confirmed cases 302 deaths
-San Marcos appears to be having growing case rates and is becoming a “hot bed” for COVID
- Austin/Travis county have extended COVID-19 orders through December 15, this includes stay at home, no crowds of 10 or more, masking and physical distancing
-As schools open Austin Public Health will be monitoring very carefully to ensure if there are COVID outbreaks appropriate closures and quarantines are in place
- Screeners must ask all the questions not just do temperature
-Actor Mathew McConaughey had a chance to meet with Dr. Fauchi. Dr Fauchi shared that we have learned that although the virus can live on some surfaces up to 72 hours, door knobs are a low risk. Also, individuals with Type A blood type are more likely to get COVID than those with O type but the likelihood is not too great. Also, Advil does not have the negative effects once thought.
2.Updates on any action items:
3. Communication for our AOMA community? Any new issues?
Nothing new today
4. Good news, positive experiences in last 24 hours
- Temperature will be below 3 digits today