1. Any CDC, local health department, CCAOM or other agency updates?
US 4,698,818 confirmed cases 155,204 deaths
TX 451,181 confirmed cases 7,261 deaths Travis county 21,549 confirmed cases 240 deaths
- Good news hospitalizations in Texas are showing a slight but consistent decline, also in Austin area there is improvement with our confirmed case rate, a slight but somewhat steady decline. Still having some days with spikes but appears to have eased off a bit
- Rate of ventilator use is down which is also a good sign
- Leaders with the Austin Emergency Center will offer free coronavirus testing this week. From 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., you can go to their South Lamar Boulevard location, 4015 Lamar Blvd., or you can go to their Anderson Mill location, 13435 U.S. 183. Appointments are not required.
- As a reminder, there is free testing also happening at the Del Valle Middle School every day until Aug. 16 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. No insurance or referral is needed, and the walk-up testing will operate on a first-come, first-served basis.
2.Updates on any action items:
- Reminder that our food pantry is open and able to help anyone needing food at this time
3. Communication for our AOMA community? Any new issues?
- Please remember that if you travel out of Austin you will be required to quarantine. AOMA is requiring 14 days of quarantine. We advise that students and faculty consider this carefully as this can impact clinic and practical classes.
- We discussed questions about whether Tongue analysis should be done during Phase I of our re-opening. It was agreed that we can stop doing any tongue analysis during Phase I as there is concern by students that it may pose a risk.
-Question also of wording on communication of what treatments can be done during Phase I of Clinic re-opening. Some communication may not have been clear but only face up acupuncture treatments are allowed during Phase I. NO back or side treatments with one exception; massage chair without face cradle can be used for back treatment. The massage chair must be cleaned properly after use.
- Dr. Mandyam shared that now oral exams will be conducted during physical assessment classes
4. Good news, positive experiences in last 24 hours
- Today is national underwear day, national work like a dog day, national oyster day also blogger day