1. Any CDC, local health department, CCAOM or other agency updates?
US 4,802,491 confirmed cases 157,631 deaths
TX 467,485 confirmed cases 7,803 deaths Travis county 22, 256 confirmed cases 288 deaths
-The county, on Thursday, reported that 297 people are in Austin-area hospitals with COVID-19. Of those, 106 are in intensive care and 73 are on ventilators.
- AISD is postponing school openings until Sept. 8 based on recommendations from Austin Public Health
- Area hospitals received 31 new patients with COVID-19 on Thursday, and the rolling 7-day average of new hospital admissions is 35.9, a decrease from Wednesday’s average of 38. That average, which health officials monitor closely when considering precautionary measures, is now below the city’s threshold for Stage 4 restrictions to slow down the spread of the virus. However, city and county health officials said we will continue to remain in Stage 4.
2.Updates on any action items:
No new updates today
3. Communication for our AOMA community? Any new issues?
- Reminder, no tongue analysis during Phase I
- Reminder, If you travel outside of Austin you will be asked to quarantine for 14 days. We know we have a few students who travel to school from outside Austin and we will work with them as exceptions but will remind them that we ask them to be doing all the right things as we all must to keep each other safe (follow same guidelines set out by Austin Public Health).
- Suggested we send reminder of professional standards. Clinic leadership will do this.
4. Good news, positive experiences in last 24 hours
- Today is Purple Heart Day(Diane’s granddad received a Purple Heart) , International beer day, National water balloon day, national lighthouse day and national raspberries-n-cream day
-Carmen (Diane’s new pet) is arriving at Diane’s home today