1. Any CDC, local health department, CCAOM or other agency updates?
US 6,343,562 confirmed cases 190,262 deaths 256,159 new cases in last 7 days
TX 649,809 confirmed cases 3,852 new cases in 24 hours 13,853 deaths 161 new deaths in 24 hours Travis county 27,206 confirmed cases 387 deaths
- UT game this weekend and there is concern for this by Austin Public Health but stadium will be at 25% capacity, everyone must be masked, no band performance and other measures are being taken
-CDC reports links dining out to increased COVID risk. People who tested positive for COVID19 were more than twice as likely to report eating or drinking at a bar in the past two weeks. Report comes as many states consider safest ways to reopen businesses, especially restaurants. (source is NBC news)
2.Updates on any action items:
- Work continues in Building C until end of next week and although they can work around us, please consider this and try to work remotely as much as possible.
3. Communication for our AOMA community? Any new issues?
- It was agreed at our general safety meeting that those traveling by car within Texas may check with Safety team to determine if your travel is low enough risk to avoid quarantine. We have also agreed that since health authorities are using a minimum of 10 days for quarantine, we will also only require 10 days.
If you do plan to travel, please check with Michael Jewell our Campus Safety officer to allow the Safety team to determine the risk level of your travel.
-Some students have expressed concerns about low patient volumes for Student Clinics. Please know our Clinic team is doing everything possible to fill open appointment slots. Many are reluctant to get care right now due to COVID. They have called or emailed every patient on the waiting lists, we respond to online appointment requests within 24 hours, I have re-started the clinic newsletter which was sent to over 15,000 AOMA patients from past and present, I've personally written 2 blog posts, and the receptionists are physically present in the clinics answering the phones as much as possible. Will consider how we can fill with more free appointments. One suggestion is calling public organizations to offer treatments. We’ll also consider how to get more students in to support each other, ASA will do some brainstorming.
4. Good news, positive experiences in last 24 hours
- Yesterday was NFL live game, Chiefs beat Texas(perhaps not such good news 😊, also lots of empty seats)
-Today is Patriot Day, National Day of service and remembrance, National make your bed day and National hot cross bun day, Stand up to cancer day, Libraries Remember day, I want to start my own business day, No news is good news day and Women’s Baseball Day