1. Any CDC, local health department, CCAOM or other agency updates?
- US 7,059,087 confirmed cases 49,871 new cases in 24 hours 204,033 deaths 853 new deaths in 24 hours About 1 of every 13 US deaths occurred in Texas.
TX 735,132 confirmed cases 1,292 new cases in 24 hours 15,522 deaths 37 new deaths in 24 hours
Travis county 29,130 confirmed cases 422 deaths
-Worldwide deaths from COVID will soon top 1 million
- Statewide hospitalizations were 3,204 on Thursday, which is roughly where they were a week ago. They remain far below their July 22 peak of 10,893. Gov Abbott called hospitalizations the “most important” COVID metric when he expanded occupancy levels on restaurants, retail stores, gyms and other businesses on Sept. 17.
-Texas schools that are currently open to in-person learning or extracurricular activities reported 1.212 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 among students and 660 new cases among teachers and staff for the week ending Sept. 20. Overall 6,295 students and staff members have tested positive for COVID since the school year began.
-Vitamin D can reduce the fatality rate with COVID
2.Updates on any action items:
- We have two bags of groceries in our food pantry, we could use a few more if anyone would like to donate.
3. Communication for our AOMA community? Any new issues?
4. Good news, positive experiences in last 24 hours
- Our Womxn run the vote virtual relay team completed the 680 mile journey and arrived in Washington DC on Saturday ahead of the Sunday deadline. They did awesome coming in 36 out of over 600 teams and 10,000 participants! Special thanks to AOMA Master Student, Kate Donelon who was team captain, she did a wonderful job! Almost $300,000 was raised for the Black Votes Matter cause.
-September 28 is
National Good Neighbor Day(Used to be on 4th Sunday)
National Family Day – Fourth Monday in September
-Also Yom Kippur, known as Day of Atonement, the holiest day of year in Judaism.
-Dr. Phil just completed a course on advance skills in on-line teaching/learning and received his certification!
-Intro to palpation class went very well, new camera system worked well! Very good class!
-NPR had article on problems with the cheating prevention software, AOMA uses Proctorio and we are currently using for our competency exams. We control the settings, we lock down browsers can only look at the exam, monitors keyboard action, camera and microphone must be on and that is monitored. We can confirm i.d. Controls of head movement and talking but since recorded we can validate what was going on. So, we feel good about the software we’ve chosen to preventon-line cheating.