1. Any CDC, local health department, CCAOM or other agency updates?
US 6,287,362 confirmed cases 188,688 deaths
TX 641,791 confirmed cases 1,416 new cases in 24 hours 13,553 deaths 61 new deaths in 24 hours Travis county 27,038 confirmed cases 383 deaths
-Governor Abbott issued a proclamation extending his Disaster Declaration for all Texas counties in response to COVID19. Originally issued March 13, the declaration provides the state a variety of resources from the federal government to help with our response. He urges Texans to protect their health by wearing a mask, social distancing and sanitizing hands. Working together we can slow the spread of the virus.
- UT has reported over 120 cases of COVID since opening campus
2. Updates on any action items:
- Yesterday we agreed that we will continue using a time strategy for return to work, campus and clinic rather than testing strategy. We will go to a 10 day quarantine period as all health authorities agree with this. We will also allow those who travel via car within Texas to return without quarantine IF they met approval by Safety Committee prior to travel and they all screening is negative. So if traveling over the break period please reach out to Michael Jewell who will confer with the Safety team and let you know within 24 hours if you are approved. The idea is that if the travel by car and your activities are deemed low risk you should not have to quarantine.
- We will use Thursday 8am meeting to consider easing some of our Clinic restrictions in the new term.
- cloth masks vs surgical masks, although surgical masks are highly recommended and required if you are treating patients, cloth masks are allowed for our non-clinical staff who are not working directly with patients. If you’d like a surgical mask for greater protection AOMA can provide.
3. Communication for our AOMA community? Any new issues?
- Reminder for those who office in Building C work is in progress so best to work remotely until all is complete
- Still need 2 members for our Womxn Run the Vote Virtual relay team. It is a women’s event (sorry gentlemen) Contact Mary Faria or Kate Donelon for information or see this link https://racery.com/r/womxn-run-the-vote/
4. Good news, positive experiences in last 24 hours
-Today is National Teddy Bear Day, National Care Bears Share Your Care Day, National Wiener Schnitzel Day