1. Any CDC, local health department, CCAOM or other agency updates?
US 1,994,283 confirmed cases 112,967deaths
TX 81,583confirmed cased 1,920 deaths Travis county 4,109 confirmed cases 99 deaths
- As of today, restaurants in Texas are able to go to 75% capacity. Reminder to us all, we must continue to be vigilant with distancing and face covering, cases of COVID in Texas and Travis county are continuing to rise.
2.Updates on any action items:
- Billy’s informal check with his students tells us that 75% of students are ready to come back to campus in summer. Students should visit with an adviser regarding decisions about registration. Remember our advisors include Robert, Reagan, Phil, Lesley for MAcOM, Violet song for DAOM.
Childcare may be a deterrent to students being able to come back to school in summer. We will determine how we might support students regarding this.
3. Communication for our AOMA community? Any new issues?
- Lots of activity on FaceBook regarding AOMA not making a stronger anti-racism statement. Our message, my message has been one of caring, compassion and starting with our own inner peace to support the inner peace of others. That doesn’t mean leadership at AOMA hasn’t been self reflecting about what other concrete measures we can take to develop our school to be more inclusive. I’m working with our Board Chair and together we’ll put out a statement later today that will include some of the actions we’ll take. Will improvements be made overnight? No, that would be impossible but there is a commitment to make improvements throughout the remainder of this year and into the next. Our first priority at this moment is sustaining our school during these absolutely dramatic and challenging economic time.
- Question on school colors. Robert will find out for us.
4. Good news, positive experiences in last 24 hours
- A local Emergency Room Physician has reached out to us as she wants to introduce acupuncture in the Emergency room setting within her healthcare system locally. It is an important and exciting opportunity if we can successfully put a plan together acceptable to the hospital and healthcare system involved.
- Filming for our virtual graduation will begin Sunday. This effort is being led by Estella Proctor and Carlee Brignole. Our thanks to both of them and others working with them to offer our 2020 graduates a special ceremony albeit virtual!
- Today is Superman , Red Rose, Crowded Nest Awareness, Loving, National Peanut Butter Cookie Day, World Day against Child Labor, Jerky and Flip Flop Day.