1. Any CDC, local health department, CCAOM or other agency updates?
-DSHS/APD Meeting shifting to MWF
-US Total cases: 330,891 Total deaths: 8,910
-TX 7,276 cases, 140 deaths
- See FDA opinion on use of hydroxchloroqine in minutes for 4/6/20.
-CV19 in animals, confirmed case in a tiger here in US, the tiger was ill, now other tigers in same zoo are ill. Animals apparently contracted COVID 19 from a caretaker. It is advised that pets should not stay with sick humans.
-CDC is advising that maintaining 6-feet social distancing remains important to slowing the spread of the virus. CDC is additionally advising the use of simple cloth face coverings to slow the spread of the virus and help people who may have the virus and do not know it from transmitting it to others. Cloth face coverings fashioned from household items or made at home from common materials at low cost can be used as an additional, voluntary public health measure. Kids under the age of 2, those with difficulty breathing, people who cannot manage a face covering should not wear.
-AISD is recommending that all schools get off Zoom and start using Microsoft, concern for security issues. Related to this Zoom CEO is hosting a webinar every Wed at noon to share with Zoom users info on security put in place. Lesley reminded all faculty to always password protect your courses.
-It was reported that unfortunately a large supply of PPE from the national stockpile sent to different states were old and no longer usable.
-Diane reported that Dr. Song shared information that Anti-viral tissues are a bit denser and could be used as a fairly effective face covering. Tissues may be available at local stores and are also available on-line. It was also mentioned that using a blue shop towel will also make good cloth mask.
- CCAOM is going to have a meeting tomorrow (Wednesday) about distance education for clinic and Thurs meeting about ACAOM regulations
2.Updates on action items:
None at this time
3. Communication status? Any new issues (e.g. Known traveling or potential exposures,
unavailable supplies, etc.)
-Governor has proclaimed this is national public health week. Please recognize how important these professionals are to all of us.
- Estella reported she has posted a Financial Aid link on the website regarding student loan debt relief, it is located on FA page
-Brian would like to get a message out on AOMA social medial regarding our telehealth offerings. Stephanee will draft the message to be reviewed by Mary and Lesley before distributing.
4. Good news or positive experience in past 24 hours –
- Consider placing a white ribbon on a tree in honor of our frontline health care workers caring for COVID 19 patients
- Diane is organizing a lip sink video to thank our frontline healthcare professionals, she asked for volunteers and got many! A great idea!