1. Any CDC, local health department, CCAOM or other agency updates?
US 720,630 confirmed cases, almost a 59K increase since Friday, 37,202 deaths
TX 18,923 cases, 477 deaths, 1,092 cases in Travis county, Harris county (Houston area) has largest number of cases in Texas greater than 4600
-Modeling is being used to determine whether we have experienced our peak with the virus.
-We have better data now to help us assess how effective social distancing
-We are still getting new cases but appears to be stabilizing but need more days before taking specific action. Like a hurricane that we know is going to hit but don’t know how hard it will hit and the damage that will occur
-HHSC has great guidance on long term and assisted living facilities on their website
-SPICE Response, surveillance(testing), protection(PPE), isolation(quarantine), communication, evaluation of plans and policies
- Friday, Governor Abbott did release a plan to re-open the state, in phases. Starting this week, restrictions on surgeries, state parks, and retail will be loosened. Abbott says the plan will be guided by data and medical professionals. Parks are reopening today; masks must be worn and physical distancing is still required. Retail establishments will open (conditionally) on Friday.
DSHS guidance on how to re-open safely for both employees and customers
COVID-19: Guidance for Employers, Employees, and Customers of Reopened Retail Services
This guidance is based on the best information currently available and will be updated when appropriate. Please visit dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus and cdc.gov/coronavirus for updates. This guidance is intended for employers, employees, and customers of retail businesses reopening under the Governor’s Executive Order issued on April 17, 2020. This guidance does not apply to businesses considered essential. This guidance is based on recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
I am an Employee of a retail business re-opening. What should I do to keep myself and our customers safe?
• All employees must be trained on environmental cleaning and disinfection, hand hygiene, and respiratory etiquette.
• All employees must be screened before coming into the business for new or worsening cough; shortness of breath; sore throat; loss of taste or smell; feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit; or known close contact with a person who is lab-confirmed to have COVID-19. Any employee who meets any of these criteria should be sent home.
• Upon entering the business, employees must wash or sanitize hands.
• All employees must wear face coverings.
• Employees must maintain at least 6 feet separation from one another.
I am a Customer. How do I purchase and obtain goods from a retail store that has just re-opened?
• Customers may purchase items from a retail location for pickup, delivery by mail, or delivery to the customer’s doorstep, but may not enter the premises.