1. Any CDC, local health department, CCAOM or other agency updates?
-US 828,441 confirmed cases 46,379 deaths
-TX 21,944 confirmed cases 561 deaths, Travis county 1,263 confirmed cases
- Stores like Walmart will update their response in beginning of May, by having one-way isles to encourage physical distancing
2.Updates on action items:
- 22 students have already applied for student relief grants
3. Communication status? Any new issues (e.g. Known traveling or potential exposures)
-Students still concerned they are running out of clinical hours. They should continue to attend on-line clinics and they should talk to their advisors. Advisors will look at individual records to see what can be applied. Students need to consistently check with Advisors: Lesley, Reagan, Robert and Phil are the Advisors. Please note: Ashely is not an advisor!
-Store leaders also getting questions from students on herbal dispensary. Students must wait until we open campus, experience in herbal dispensaries must be hands on, can’t be done on-line.
-Phil had great faculty meeting to review acupuncture curriculum and how to improve student success
-AOMA food back only has only 1 bag, please donate if you can
4. Good news or positive experience in past 24 hours
-Austin hotels have had special lighting to show support to the ATX community, hearts and words like hope are displayed.
-Today is National Arbor day, pigs in a blanket day, silence day, forgetful mommy day, world meningitis day, and Armenian genocide day
-Wildflower Center is extending membership because of the time closed, also State Park passes have been extended. State Park opens for day passes but no camping and you must go online and reserve