1. Any CDC, local health department, CCAOM or other agency updates?
-US 1,031,659 confirmed cases 60,057 deaths
-TX 28,087 confirmed cases 782 deaths Travis County 1,591 confirmed cases
-Texas.gov, Texans helping Texans shares key information like testing isolation of infected people, quarantining all exposed for 14 days, Texas can go on www.texas.gov to find out dshs health trace application can be used. It is imperative we all stay safe as things reopen. Goal is to keep Texans safe as we reopen. We must keep up the mitigation efforts and social distancing is key! Prevention measures must be re-emphasized, personal hygiene, using face coverings, stay home if sick and not go out at all if you are feeling sick. Those at risk should limit contact with others. We are relying on each other to do the right things to stay safe.
- Expect 6 decontamination systems in Texas including one in Austin. These units will enable decontamination of items like N95 masks. Shipping to and from the decontamination unit is being organized through local Hospital Preparedness Programs.
- New NIH study with Remdesivir an anti-viral for COVID19 Designed trial with results in 4 months and was compared to a placebo 31% faster recovery (Remdeivir is given via IV) studied in over 60 locations mortality rate also better Remdesivir, developed by Gilead Sciences Inc., is an investigational broad-spectrum antiviral treatment. It was previously tested in humans with Ebola virus disease and has shown promise in animal models for treating Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS) and severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS), which are caused by other coronaviruses.
- CDC reopening guidance for employers also info for employers with vulnerable employees
- Conferences, Live events, etc. don’t appear to be in Gov.’s report. Still limitation of congregation of 10 or less unless falls under 25% or less
2.Updates on action items:
- We have an overabundance of Food bags, so no donations needed at this time
3. Communication status? Any new issues (e.g. Known traveling or potential exposures)
4. Good news, positive experiences in last 24 hours
-Doors that were damaged in break-in will be repaired in next 8-9 days.
-Diane and others are find favorite writing pens 😊
-Today is National chocolate parfait day, no pants day, loyalty day, mother goose day and, this has been declared National Senior month. It is also May day!
-Good conversation with a couple of other schools for possible distance learning clinical collaboration. Will Zoom into Dr. Shen’s clinic today and may pilot as early as a week from today with the Won Institute. The Maryland School is also interested.
-Consider one of the many meditation groups that are attempting to do massive virtual group mediation as a means of positively impacting the pandemic. You can find these on line.