1. Any CDC, local health department, CCAOM or other agency updates?
US confirmed cases 1,761,503 (62,980 more since Fri) 103,700 deaths(3,234 more since Fri)
TX confirmed cased 64,287(4,491 more cases since Fri) 1,672 deaths (71 more since Fri)
- Travis county 3,332 confirmed cases (208 more since Fri) 93 deaths(2 more since Fri)
- On May 18 and May 26, Governor Greg Abbott issued Executive Orders to announce the second phase of the ongoing plan to open additional businesses and activities in Texas. This announcement expands upon the businesses and activities included in the first phase of the plan to Open Texas while minimizing the spread of COVID-19. All newly opened businesses and services are subject to the recommended minimum standard health protocols outlined by DSHS.
2.Updates on action items:
- 5 bags of groceries in the pantry
3. Communication status? Any new issues (e.g. Known traveling or potential exposures)
- Email sent on Friday reminding everyone of our two resources for counseling services, contact information was provided. We hope those feeling overwhelmed will take advantage of this very low cost service for AOMA students and staff.
-T-sheet reminder. Those employees using t-sheets should be clocking in and clocking out daily. Many are just waiting until the close of pay period but that is not best practice. Please remember best practice is clocking in when you start work and clocking out when your work shift ends, also clocking out for breaks etc.
4. Good news, positive experiences in last 24 hours
-Today is national say something nice day, flip a coin day, Heimlich maneuver day, international children’s day, mild day, National go barefoot day, dare day, National olive day, and Thanks God it’s Monday Day!
- Are there plans to have our herbal store on our website for online purchases? Yes, that is the plan but we need some technology to support this and that is being worked on.
-Friday’s Clinic re-opening pilot was at our N. Clinic. We do mocks of patient screening, intake and treatment to test possible “what ifs”. We also try and determine best solutions for issues with restrooms, break areas, etc. We take what we learn and apply to the next iteration of the pilot. For next pilot we’d like to expand number of patients and practitioners. All volunteers are welcome! This next pilot will not include students but the one after most likely will.