1. Any CDC, local health department, CCAOM or other agency updates?
US 2,302,288 confirmed cases 120,333 deaths
TX 120,370 confirmed cased 2,220 deaths 6,596Travis county confirmed cases 114 deaths
An increase of confirmed cases by 892 since Monday
From the American Statesman this morning
Travis County health officials on Tuesday reported 257 new lab-confirmed cases of COVID-19, the disease linked to the coronavirus.
Officials on Tuesday also said two more people have died from the disease in Travis County, for a total of 114 deaths.
The total of lab-confirmed cases as of Tuesday evening was 6,596, according to the county’s COVID-19 dashboard. Estimated recoveries were at 4,512.
Mayor Steve Adler on Monday said the number of cases reported on Tuesday would also include some of Monday’s positive tests.“We have been inundated with so many new cases that today we didn’t have the capacity to be able to actually log in all the new cases,” Adler said Monday evening. The Monday data appeared to end the three-day streak of record-breaking numbers of coronavirus cases in Travis County. Sunday’s tally of 506 cases remains the highest single-day increase, which was a 21% jump over the last single-day record of 418 new cases set Saturday.
It’s unclear how many of the 257 cases reported on Tuesday were a part of Monday’s tests. As of Tuesday, 173 people were hospitalized for the disease in the metropolitan area, the COVID-19 dashboard said. Officials said 64 of those were in the ICU and 27 were on ventilators.
2.Updates on any action items:
- Just a heads up that we have had many trespassers on the campus so be mindful of this. Let Michael
know if you see anyone who should not be on the campus. We notify APD and they have been trying
to keep an eye on our campus for us too.
3. Communication for our AOMA community? Any new issues?
Starting July 19th, Zoom will require that all meetings have a Passcode or a Waiting Room enabled.
We have designed these security measures to give you control over your meeting security options while keeping the join experience as frictionless as possible.
· For meetings that do not have either a Passcode or Waiting Room enabled by July 19th, Zoom will enable a Waiting Room for you
· You can customize the Waiting Room experience with an approved list of domains that can bypass the Waiting Room and directly join the meeting
· You can find meetings that are scheduled without a Passcode by pulling the following report
· For meeting join information, we are renaming “Passwords” to “Passcodes” to better align with its role of allowing people in a meeting
4. Good news, positive experiences in last 24 hours
- Lesley doing well, recovery going well. She has been in touch with many of us and tells us although not sleeping well due to medication she is already ambulating with a walker
- Today is Swim a lap day, Museum comes to life day, International fairy day and pralines day