1. Any CDC, local health department, CCAOM or other agency updates?
US 5,799,046confirmed cases, 46,393 new cases in 24 hours 178,998 deaths, 1,239 new deaths in 24 hours
TX 597,737confirmed cases, 5,059 new cases in 24 hours 12,070 deaths 265 new deaths in 24 hours Travis county 26,117 confirmed cases 347 deaths
- Houston now has more than 100,000 cases
2.Updates on any action items:
- Our Food Pantry still sufficiently stocked
3. Communication for our AOMA community? Any new issues?
- We are disappointed to hear that many safety policies and practices are not being enforced in our Clinics. We look to our supervisors to be our safety champions and expect that they are holding themselves and our students accountable for following our safety policies to ensure safety for all of us.
E-stims should not be used, cloth face masks are not allowed in Clinic, face shields are to be worn while treating patients, wipes containers are being left open, exterior doors are being propped open and left unattended or left unlocked, individuals who are not patients are being given access into the Clinics, phone photos of patient prescriptions are being emailed to the AHM stores. We look to or Clinical Leadership to support our policies and help us enforce them. This is serious and must be handled accordingly. Everyone’s health is at risk when anyone fails to follow safety policy in the Clinics. I recommend a daily timeout prior to the Clinic shift where supervisors do a PPE check, remind everyone of the safety rules. We worked very hard to open the Clinics safely if we can’t follow our policies, we will have to close the Clinics, the risks are too great.
-Dr. Jing will call a COC meeting to address these issues and others to improve Clinical Practice, Clinic Safety and workflow in the care of patients
-PCC is going to have Billy(in his acupuncturist role there) do on-line acupressure and QiGong, need to discuss how we would do on-line registration with patients.
4. Good news, positive experiences in last 24 hours
- Lesley successfully completed the Chinese Herbal Medicine Competency on Brightspace
-Upgrades of computers in all our classrooms will begin soon, associated Cameras will be reviewed for best placement today
- Today is National Red Wine Day, Rainbow Bridge Remembrance Day, National Power Rangers Day, National Bow Tie Day, National Cherry Turnover Day.