AOMA weekly updates (week of 7/ 13/20)
1. AOMA’s desire to combat racism –
· AOMA will offer a course in Race and Disparities in Health Care in the Fall. The instructor will be Dr. Jonathan Ortiz. There will also be workshops for faculty.
· Our 2020 Commencement Ceremony spoke to the issue of racism. Both the President’s presentation and the keynote shared information about the issue and how TCM and our graduates can make a difference.
2. Plans and issues related to COVID-19 crisis including clinic and campus re-openings
· Plan for Summer 20 Clinics has been finalized. The plan will be tested at the reopening pilot to be held July 14th.
· Tuesday the 14th will also include a N. and S. Student Clinic pilot. This will be an opportunity for students to understand the safety processes in place during Phase I of clinic re-opening.
Take care, stay safe and stay healthy (mind, body and spirit).
With Love and Peace,