AOMA weekly updates (week of 11/30/20)
1. AOMA’s desire to combat racism and healthcare disparities –
- In the new year the Dean of Students role will be consolidated with the Director of Student Services role. A Senior Director of Student Services has been created and posted. This role will also oversee Inclusion and Diversity allowing AOMA to have a key leader dedicated to our desire to ensure diversity among our staff, faculty, and students.
2. Plans and issues related to COVID-19 crisis including clinic and campus re-openings
- With COVID cases surging in Texas and around the country we highly encourage everyone to reconsider any plans to travel over the holidays. Austin is close to going back to Stage V, which is the highest level of restrictions. We must all do our part to keep ourselves and our community safe.
Key operational issues or updates
- Our librarian, David York has announced his plan to retire by the end of this year. David has been with AOMA over 15 years and built one of the best TCM libraries in the country. We will announce a virtual celebration of his tremendous contribution to AOMA and wish him well in retirement.
4. Important announcements or answers to questions sent in by students, faculty or staff
- Just a reminder, our food pantry is still operating. Just call the Herbal Dispensary or Michael Jewell and make arrangements for pick-up if you find yourself needing some assistance.
Take care, stay safe and stay healthy (mind, body and spirit).
With Love and Peace,
Got a question for Mary? Don’t hesitate to send her an email at email@example.com and you will receive a response in a timely fashion. If your question involves another department, we will make sure they receive the question and respond.