AOMA weekly updates (week of 12/14/20)
1. AOMA’s desire to combat racism and healthcare disparities –
- No new updates this week
2. Plans and issues related to COVID-19 crisis including clinic and campus re-openings
- Plans are in place to safely open clinics and hands-on student classes when Winter term opens Jan. 4. If the City of Austin goes to Stage 5, we will have to re-evaluate our plan
Key operational issues or updates
- This week we celebrated service at AOMA and recognized the following:
Reagan Taylor – 5 years
Aline Cline – 5 years
Lesley Hamilton – 15 years
Song Luo – 15 years
Joel Cone – 15 years
Mandyam Tirumalachar – 15 years (he hit this milestone just before retiring so we wanted to recognize him)
Yan He – 20 years
Qian Zhi Wu – 25 years!!!!
-AOMA Staff receive the benefit of Christmas week as a holiday week, so all Administrative Offices will be closed Dec. 21-25.
4. Important announcements or answers to questions sent in by students, faculty or staff
- Just a reminder, our food pantry is still operating. Just call the Herbal Dispensary, Clinic, Mary Faria or Michael Jewell and make arrangements for pick-up if you find yourself needing some assistance during this Holiday week.
Take care, stay safe and stay healthy (mind, body and spirit).
With Love and Peace,
Got a question for Mary? Don’t hesitate to send her an email at email@example.com and you will receive a response in a timely fashion. If your question involves another department, we will make sure they receive the question and respond.