AOMA weekly updates (week of 8/24/20)
1. AOMA’s desire to combat racism –
- Speaker series to begin on National Acupuncture Medicine Day in October, will support ongoing implicit bias and inclusion training.
2. Plans and issues related to COVID-19 crisis including clinic and campus re-openings
- Several safety issues came up last week. The following are important reminders:
- No e-stim during Phase I, no cloth masks are allowed for those treating patients, face shields should be worn while treating patients, please close wipes containers after pulling wipes, please do not prop open exterior doors, individuals who are not patients, students, staff or faculty should not be given access into our clinics.
- This week debriefings of how the clinic and campus re-openings have gone will conducted. Plans for the next round of clinics and classes will be developed.
4. Important announcements or answers to questions sent in by students, faculty or staff
- Kate Donelon and I are organizing an all-woman virtual relay team for a great cause (Black Votes Matter). We will have a 20 member all woman team. We need 5 more team members. I you are interested just send an email to me or to Kate. The following link has details regarding the relay. Hope you will consider joining us. https://www.oiselle.com/pages/womxn-run-the-vote-relay
Take care, stay safe and stay healthy (mind, body and spirit).
With Love and Peace,