AOMA weekly updates (week of 1/25/21)
1. AOMA’s desire to combat racism and healthcare disparities –
- Many of you had the opportunity to meet Dr. Dami Tokoya as she began her first week at AOMA as our Sr. Director of Student Services. She spent the week onboarding, meeting with key team members and students. She and Robert Laguna will spend much time transitioning as he steps into his new role.
2. Plans and issues related to COVID-19 crisis including clinic and campus re-openings
I’ll keep this reminder in for a few weeks:
-Vaccines are being offered by many providers in Austin. All students treating patients are eligible for the vaccine under the States 1A category. Austin Public Health (APH) is offering free vaccine. One must pre-register and then will be scheduled. There are no walk-ins, vaccine is by appointment only but hubs are being set up around the county.
Please see the M,W,F morning briefing minutes of the 1/18/21 and 1/20/21 for related links including a full listing of links where vaccine appointments can be made.
3. Key operational issues or updates
- AOMA is applying for additional Cares Act grant for emergency relief for students. Once application is complete and we receive funds, the committee who set up the process for AOMA students to receive funds will come together again. The process will be similar to last year, students will apply and grants will be given based on need. We’ll communicate once we receive funds which could be a few weeks.
4. Important announcements or answers to questions sent in by students, faculty or staff
- Nothing at this time
Take care, stay safe and stay healthy (mind, body and spirit).
With Love and Peace,
Got a question for Mary? Don’t hesitate to send her an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a response in a timely fashion. If your question involves another department, we will make sure they receive the question and respond.