AOMA weekly updates (week of 2/15/21)
1. AOMA’s desire to combat racism and healthcare disparities –
- No report this week.
2. Plans and issues related to COVID-19 crisis including clinic and campus re-openings
I’ll keep this reminder in for a few weeks:
-Vaccines are being offered by many providers in Austin. All students treating patients are eligible for the vaccine under the States 1A category. Austin Public Health (APH) is offering free vaccine. One must pre-register and then will be scheduled. There are no walk-ins, vaccine is by appointment only but hubs are being set up around the county.
Please see the M,W,F morning briefing minutes of the 1/18/21 and 1/20/21 for related links including a full listing of links where vaccine appointments can be made.
-COVID was overtaken in priority this week with the severe winter weather.
3. Key operational issues or updates
- The severe weather this week crippled business as usual. Many of us were without (and many still are) power and water for some period of time. The combination of extreme cold and no power caused water pipes to burst at our south campus impacting Buildings C and D. Thankfully, no impact to our clinics, stores, classrooms or library! Please be patient with Finance, Registrar and Financial Aid as they won’t have the ability to access key IT systems like CAMS until the week of the 22nd.
-Look for updates via email and text regarding campus operations including on campus clinics.
4. Important announcements or answers to questions sent in by students, faculty or staff
- Nothing at this time
Take care, stay safe and stay healthy (mind, body and spirit)
With Love and Peace,
Got a question for Mary? Don’t hesitate to send her an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a response in a timely fashion. If your question involves another department, we will make sure they receive the question and respond.